|we're not in d.c. anymore...|
- Since we're in Florence, we had to take a nighttime trip to the Duomo. The architecture is out-of this world amazing. This is coming from a girl who would hit the "snooze" button at the Washington Monument and once fell asleep at the Tidal Basin (D.C, I love you, but you've got nothin' on Italy). I spent a solid twenty minutes just looking up at the intricate columns from the street (until I almost got run over by some angry Vespas and impatient taxi drivers).
- I got a haircut in Courmayeur by Monica, Edo's family's favorite hairdresser. It was the first proper haircut I've gotten in a long time. I chopped a solid three inches off (and got extra some layers and wisps)! I'm always a bit of a wimp when it comes to cutting my hair, but now that the deed is done, I aboslutely love it. When I wore it long, It felt like I was wearing a big scarf (which was so impractical in the hot hot humidity of Rome). Now its so light and bouncy! (I can't stop shaking my head back and forth).
- I've been getting a bunch of e-mails recently asking me to do fashion posts on Cannella Vita. I think this is really funny since I'm on a predictable rotation of leggings and chunky sweaters for the majority of the year. But here's a little outfit of the day, I'm wearing the St. Tropez dropwaist dress from Free People, my Ray Ban "High Street" sunnies, and my favorite white Superga sneakers.
|awkwardly dipping my toes into the world of fashion blogging|
- All of you espresso purists are probably going to hate me now -- but I ventured into the world of iced cappuccinos today... and I liked it. Milky, caffeine-y and just a teeny bit sweet from the cocoa powder. Best of all, it was cool and refreshing (the thought of drinking a real cappuccino in this weather makes me cringe).
|i have a thing for tall, skinny windows|
- After dinner, mom and I shared a big plate of traditional little Italian cookies. Aren't they adorable? We didn't know what any of them were so we just pointed to some of the pretty ones in the big glass case and dug in (the surprise is half the fun, am I right?). Needless to say, I don't think there were any bad choices.
|the green pistachio ones were my favorite|
- As every good day should end, today ended with a trip to my favorite gelateria (I've gotta pick a favorite for every city I visit). Coconut, hazelnut, and of course, coffee.
There's nothing quite like dropping into bed with a massive sugar rush. I'm into it.