Pin It So I know this blog is technically supposed to be about the finer things in the food world. But let's be honest, we all have that special place in our hearts for the beer-battered, deep-fried, things of life that come wrapped in wax paper. Big Macs, KFC, Dunkin' Donuts... we all have that junky thing that we love to eat (even though we know we really shouldn't...). Here are my five favorite fast foods of all time.
1) Cinnamon Crunch Bagel from Panera -- At my school, every Wednesday the math team gives out free bagels from Panera. I always get there early to snag one of these Cinnamon Crunch Bagels. Not that I don't like math, but I love these bagels.
2) Cinnastix from Dominos -- baked dough rolled in cinnamon sugar.
3) Churros from Sea World -- fried dough rolled in cinnamon sugar. (notice a pattern?).
4) Pepperoni Pizza Pretzel from Auntie Anne's -- I admit, this is an absolutely disgusting concept for some. It's basically the love child of greasy, pepperoni pizza and a soft pretzel. But, as gross as you all think this is, I really like these. The dough is chewy, the cheese is all crunchy, and they brush them with that delicious buttery liquid (which I hope is melted butter but definitely isn't...). It's my little tradition to get these whenever I'm at the airport -- don't judge.
5) Bacon, Egg, and Cheese McGriddle from McDonalds -- You know when you get a big plate of eggs, bacon and pancakes, and the syrup just kind of seeps everywhere on the plate, and you're left with this big mess of salty eggs and bacon covered in sweet maple syrup? I know that doesn't sound appetizing, but for those of you who have experienced this, you know what I'm talking about. The McGriddle is essentially this in sandwich form. It's a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, but instead of english muffins on the ends -- they use these magical little pancake thingies with maple syrup pockets in them. Genius.
What's your favorite junk food?
© Cannella Vita. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission/linking back to Cannella Vita. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.